King Von was a young and rising star in the hip-hop industry before he was tragically killed. However, what differentiated King Von from several other rappers, is that he placed a strong emphasis on maintaining a healthy lifestyle and workout routine even as get bigger in the music scene.
In fact, while King Von will always be remembered for his music, many fans also held a a high level of admiration for his ripped and toned physique. In this guide, we will go over the King Von workout routine so you can get similar results without taking up too much time.
King Von Stats
- Height: 5’9”
- Weight: 160 lbs
- Profession: Rapper
King Von Physique
King Von Workout Routine
King Von first picked up on his fitness regiment while he was in prison. This is not something that is uncommon.
Many prisons actually have a strong fitness culture as it is one of the few things to do to avoid boredom and improve yourself. In fact, so called “prison workout” have become their own category in the fitness world. These routines are usually characterized by high volume and bodyweight movements as prisoners do their best to make gains with limited equipment.
This is something that you can clearly see had an influence on King Von’s workout routine. In fact, before he passed he replied to a fan and shared some of his routine which he used to get in such great shape.
Clearly lots of calisthenics here and higher volume here. Let’s go ahead and fill in some of the details and make this an actual workout routine.
How To Get King Von Muscles
To get the King Von physique, follow this routine. You can do with just your own bodyweight and some basic equipment:
Day 1: Chest and Triceps
- Bench Press: 4 sets of 8-10 reps.
- Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets of 10-12 reps.
- Push-Ups: 3 sets to failure.
- Incline Bench Press: 4 sets of 8-10 reps.
- Tricep Dips: 4 sets of 10-12 reps.
- Tricep Pushdowns (with a cable machine): 3 sets of 12-15 reps.
- Skull Crushers (lying tricep extensions): 3 sets of 10-12 reps.
Day 2: Back and Biceps
- Deadlifts: 4 sets of 6-8 reps.
- Pull-Ups/Assisted Pull-Ups: 4 sets of 8-10 reps.
- Bent-Over Rows: 3 sets of 10-12 reps.
- Lat Pulldowns (with a cable machine): 3 sets of 10-12 reps.
- Barbell Bicep Curls: 4 sets of 8-10 reps.
- Hammer Curls (with dumbbells): 3 sets of 10-12 reps.
- Concentration Curls: 3 sets of 10-12 reps.
Day 3: Rest or Active Recovery (light cardio, yoga, or stretching)
Day 4: Legs and Shoulders
- Squats: 4 sets of 8-10 reps.
- Leg Press: 3 sets of 10-12 reps.
- Lunges: 3 sets of 12-15 reps (each leg).
- Leg Curls (using a machine): 3 sets of 10-12 reps.
- Military Press/Shoulder Press: 4 sets of 8-10 reps.
- Lateral Raises (with dumbbells): 3 sets of 10-12 reps.
- Front Raises (with dumbbells): 3 sets of 10-12 reps.
- Shrugs (with dumbbells or a barbell): 3 sets of 10-12 reps.
Day 5: Rest or Active Recovery (light cardio, yoga, or stretching)
Day 6: Core and Cardio
- Planks: 4 sets, hold for 30-60 seconds.
- Russian Twists (with a medicine ball or dumbbell): 3 sets of 15-20 reps (each side).
- Leg Raises: 3 sets of 12-15 reps.
- Bicycle Crunches: 3 sets of 15-20 reps (each side).
- 30-45 minutes of moderate to high-intensity cardio (running, cycling,basketball, or using cardio machines at the gym).
King Von Diet Plan
Undoubtedly whether it be on tour or in prison, King Von had to make do with what is available to fuel his body and make gains regardless of the circumstances.
While there are not as many details here, the main thing you are going to have to worry about is getting enough protein. Protein is essential for muscle gain so aim for around 1g per pound of bodyweight.
From there, you are going to want to gauge where you are at. If you are on the larger side, you are going to want to cut so that you can reveal the same definition that King Von had. If you are already at this point, then begin to bulk so you can fuel your body to put on mass.
Usually when it comes to the workout routines of famous people, they are not entirely manageable for most people. However, that is not the case with King Von.
He is someone that managed to make great gains and progress under pretty poor circumstances when it comes to muscle building. Meaning that you can get similar results if you follow the routine too.