By this point, it seems like everyone is aware of the various benefits of red light therapy. Muscle recovery, skin health, hair growth—and this is just barely scratching the surface of all of the benefits.
That being said, the only downside is that you have to be consistent and do it daily for the best results. As someone who is not a fan of taking up more time in my schedule or paying expensive monthly subscriptions, I decided to try out a more modular at-home red light therapy solution with Koze Red Light Therapy.
In this Koze red light review, we will break down all of the features, and models, compare them to other red light therapy devices, and decide whether or not it is worth it.
Koze Red Light Review: A Quick Look
Koze Red Light makes a variety of red light therapy devices intended to bring the benefits of red light therapy to your own home for an affordable price. They have 3 main models (Mini, S Series, and X Series). The mini provides users with an affordable, portable option. Meanwhile, the larger S Series and X Series allow for more full-body red light therapy experiences.
With so many benefits to red light therapy, the market for a at home red light therapy device that allows you to do it from home is certainly growing. With short daily sessions, you can quickly begin to notice benefits in your sleep quality, recovery, mood, and skin health.
- Stay consistent with red light therapy to see the benefits
- Consider your own needs when it comes to picking a size
- Comes in a variety of sizes and colors
- The mini option is very portable and can be taken anywhere easily
- The same advantages of red light therapy can be obtained from the comfort of your own home
- Includes serval attachments (Goggles, Hanging Kits, Travel Cases, Daisy Chain Cable)
- Great warranty
- Free shipping
- Have to be consistent to see real benefits
- Larger options can be pricey
Is Koze Red Light Worth It?
The Koze Red Light device is a great option for anyone looking to enhance their recovery and overall health from the comfort of their home. With the Koze mini starting at just a little over $200, Koze really manages to deliver a lot of value to customers.
Especially when you consider the pricing of other at-home wellness products or monthly subscriptions to locations that have red light therapy. Personally, I have seen enough benefit over the course of just a few months to easily justify the cost of one of the higher-spec Koze models.
Naturally, the largest option in the Koze lineup, the Koze X Series, is quite pricey. However, you do get the option to combine up to four of these panels to get a real full-body red light experience. Likely overkill for most people, but the options are there.
- Those looking for an at-home red light therapy solution
- People that want a portable, affordable red light device
- Those looking to maximize their health
Not Recommended For
- Those who do not have the time or discipline to have sessions consistently at home
- People looking for an ultra-budget device
Koze Red Light Specs
As we have mentioned, Koze Red Light Therapy comes in three options. The main differences are size and price.
|Specifications||Koze Mini||Koze S Series||Koze X Series|
|Wavelength||660 nm (Red) and 850 nm (Near-Infrared)||660 nm (Red) and 850 nm (Near-Infrared)||660 nm (Red) and 850 nm (Near-Infrared)|
|Number of LEDs||12||60 Dual Chip (30 Red / 30 NIR)||300 Dual-Chip (150 Red / 150 NIR) per panel|
|Bulb Watt||5 Watts||5 Watts||5 Watts|
|Treatment Size||Isolated or Small Area||Half of Body||Whole Body Treatment|
|Dimensions||Length 3.9” x Height 5.9’’ x Width 1.6”||16” x 9.3” x 2.6”||36” x 12” x 3”|
|Weight||~1.43 lbs (0.65 kg)||13.2 lbs||36 lbs per panel|
|Optical Irradiance||75.9wm/cm² @ 3 inches – 46wm/cm² @ 6 inches||130.5wm/cm² @ 3 inches / 109wm/cm² @ 6 inches||175wm/cm² @ 3 inches – 141wm/cm² @ 6 inches|
|Best for||Modular Use||Half of Body||Full Body Treatment|
|Flicker||N/A||Zero Flicker (built with flicker-free drivers)||Zero Flicker (built with flicker-free drivers)|
|EMF Emission||N/A||0.0μT @ 4” (Zero EMF at 4 inches or greater)||0.0μT @ 4” (Zero EMF at 4 inches or greater)|
|Lens Beam Angle||N/A||60 degrees||60 degrees|
|Display||N/A||Digital with Intelligent Timing Control||Digital with Intelligent Timing Control|
|Warranty||1 year||3 years||3 years|
|Return Period||60 days||60 days||60 days|
Using Koze Red Light
Setting Up The Koze Red Light
One thing I really liked about Koze was that the setup and installation were very easy. Depending on the model you get, the most work you will have to do out of the box is to attach a few panels or stands.
I liked to keep the Koze Mini in my home gym so I could have quick access before and after workouts. Meanwhile, I liked having one of the larger Koze models set up in my rooms. This made it easier to use it on a daily basis.
Benefits Of The Koze Red Light
After using this product for a few months, I was happy to notice a few key benefits:
- Sleep Quality: I found that my sleep was deeper with fewer interruptions. My sleep tracker also confirmed this.
- Muscle Recovery: Muscle soreness was reduced even after very heavy lifting sessions
- Skin Quality: I noticed that my skin had fewer blemishes and acne. I never really struggled with acne but my skin was still noticeably clearer and seemed to “glow” more
- Improved Mood: Post red light therapy sessions, I always felt upbeat and motivated. Hard to pin down why, but I expect this comes down to improved hormone levels
How To Use The Koze Red Light For The Best Results
Koze has a few very basic tips so that you can use this product to your advantage:
- 10-20 Minutes per treatment area.
- Remove garments from treatment areas. Treatment areas need to be exposed directly to the light.
- Distance of 6-12 inches from the treatment area.
- Do not stare directly into lights.
- Daily use is optimal.
Personally, I saw no issues with pushing my sessions longer. Sometimes I would even do an hour, but it is always best to be cautious at first.
Apart from the basic safety rules, the most important thing to do is to be consistent. You will not see results instantly. Just do your daily sessions, and you will quickly start to notice the benefits over the course of a few weeks.
Koze offers a 60-day return policy on all devices.
The Koze Mini has a 1-year warranty, while the S Series and X Series offer a 3-year warranty.
Koze does offer Buy Now, Pay Later on all of its products.
Customer Koze Reviews
Koze has great reviews on all platforms with an average rating of 4.8/5. Customers seem to especially like the portability of the Mini as it allows them to focus on a specific area.
Overall, Koze Red Light Therapy is an excellent device that can make a significant impact on your health and well-being. With so many options, anyone can find a way to incorporate this incredibly effective form of therapy into their life.
How long to see results from red light therapy?
The truth is that it will depend on the individual. Some may notice the effects in as little as days while others will respond after a few weeks.
How many times per week should I use the Koze?
Daily sessions are best. Try to be as consistent as possible and you will see results.